Tuesday 12 June 2012

Safely Landed and Back at the O'Deas

So my flight arrived without problems this morning in an overcast and pleasantly cool Dublin. The 65 degree weather here is a great relief from the 95 degree heat I fled from in Gettysburg and it feels good to be back. After taking the DART down to Dalkey, I met Bill O'Dea at the fish monger in town, where we bought some gurnards for lunch and stopped off for a quick pint of Beamish at the Magpie. After coming back to the O'Dea house and getting myself all moved in, we had a nice lunch of fish and potatoes, Ruiri, Bill and I. I was re-introduced to Musha the dog, who is as friendly as ever, and I am re-settling myself in this afternoon. I am well under way to getting re-acclimated to Ireland, as I'm on my third cup of tea for the afternoon already and catching up with Big Bill. He's filling me in on all his latest endeavors, including the Mayfly fishing on Lough Corrib, his mushroom hunts, and the newest project.... something he refers to as "Operation Hootch" involving some home brew of some sort. Its good to be back in Ireland and with the O'Deas!
Musha the Dog says Hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment