Wednesday 16 November 2011

A Cool Coincidence

I am currently in Derry, doing research, interviews, and field work for my Independent Study Paper about the Williamite Wars in Ireland, and as it was, my program arranged for me to stay with a family for the week I'm up here. Coincidentally, the Irish family I'm staying with has the surname of Little, and the father's name is Hugh. He has a son named John, and a a grandson named Owen. Ironically enough these are the names of our ancestors, in a different order of succession. Our ancestor Owen Little came to America directly following the Irish Potato Famine. He had a son in America named Hugh Little. Hugh then had a son named Johnny-- Grandma's father. I just think it is so neat to actually be staying with the Littles in Ireland, and I think Grandma will appreciate that too!

1 comment:

  1. How ironic for you to be staying with the "Little" family. I remember your great- grandmother Little living on Macdonald St. just up the street from your grandparents home.Your sister Rachel is doing a great job keeping everyone up to date on Mary.Prayers are being answered.She is improving one day at a time.God is Good.

    ReplyDelete