Sunday 11 September 2011

Where I'm Living:

During my stint of classes here in Dublin, I am living with the O'Dea family, in a little coastal town to the south of Dublin, called Glenageary. I'm about a ten minute walk from the shore, and its very beautiful. The O'Deas are a great family too; Bill, the father, is a big man "24 stone" according to Mrs. O'Dea, and his hobbies include hiking, fishing, cooking, and mushroom hunting. His wife, Freda, is the mother and she takes good care of me, always feeding me and giving me suggestions about where to explore, or what shop to stop in or which restaurant is the best. They have two sons, Ruirea- 14, and Daniel- 11. Ruirea is an Irish name, and he fits every stereotype of an Irish boy, freckles and red hair. They have a dog, named Musha, which is also an Irish word. The expression "Ara Musha" translates as something like "Its alright" or "That'll do." He's only 8 months old and is what they call a Wicklow Terrier- half border collie and half terrier.

My Street- Upper Glenageary Road

The O'Deas House, my home base for the next few months.

Sail Boats off shore




The O'Dea's Church

Backyard

Back path through the garden

Ara Musha, the family dog

Kitchen and garden door

The Dining Room and Bookshelves

A smoked deer leg from Spain, Bill carves off a slice for himself every once in awhile.
 It sits in the dining room.

A portrait of Bill O'Dea, to give you some sense


Out our back garden

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've got a lovely home away from home ! Interesting too that your host dad is Bill and a brother Daniel ! Great photos, Johnny. We love checking your blog every day to see what new adventures you've gone on !
    Aunt Debi

    ReplyDelete